I love hearing stories. I love listening to people as they tell me where they came from and how they got to how they are today. So I thought I might share some bits of myself that few people know in an effort to return the love I get from hearing about other people and their stories.
1. I can feel what you are feeling. Most people call this being an empath and it makes being in crowds rather difficult.
2. I started writing poetry when I was 8.
3. I’ve always known that I wanted to do something with stories when I grow up.
4. I want to be like John Green when I grow up.
5. I shaved off half of each eyebrow when I was ten. They still haven’t grown back completely.
6. I never planned on getting married young. I actually was determined not to be the girl that gets married and has children right after high school.
7. I love children, but I don’t want to give birth.
8. I believe that animals have souls and can understand us sometimes better than we can.
9. My spirit is the strongest part of me.
10. I don’t understand how simple things can get so miscommunicated.
11. Yelling or contention is a trigger to me and often sends me into depressive episodes.
12. I don’t want to use medication, but my life often depends on it.
13. When I die, I want to see the world through the eyes of everyone who has ever lived.
14. I am thinking of ways to turn this into a poem as I write it.
15. When I see some people for the first time, I get this nagging feeling that I’ve known them before. I believe I have met these people in another life.
Have I weirded you out yet? If you want to hear more, I’d love to share them with you. I’d also love to hear some of yours.